TRI Basic Plus Data Files: Calendar Years 1987-2018
- Includes reporting forms processed as of: July 21, 2020
- Email us your question or comment
EPA has been collecting Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) data since 1987. The "Basic Plus" data files accessible from this webpage include ten file types of files that collectively contain all of the data fields from the TRI Reporting Form R and Form A (except Schedule 1). The files themselves are in tab-delimited .txt format and then compressed into a .zip file.
Quantities of dioxin and dioxin-like compounds are reported in grams, while all other chemicals are reported in pounds. For descriptions of each data element and other details about the contents and use of these files, see the TRI Basic Plus Data Files Documentation. The TRI Reporting Forms and Instructions document is also a helpful reference.
The ten file types of Basic Plus data files are:
- 1a: Facility, chemical, releases and other waste management summary information
- 1b: Chemical activities and uses
- 2a: On- and off-site disposal, energy recovery, recycling and treatment; non-production-related waste quantities; production/activity ratio; source reduction activities
- 2b: Detailed on-site waste treatment methods and efficiency
- 3a: Transfers off site for disposal and further waste management
- 3b: Transfers to Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTWs) Reporting Years 1987 thru 2011
- 3c: Transfers to Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTWs) Reporting Years 2012 and Later
- 4: Facility information
- 5: Optional information on source reduction, recycling and pollution control
- 6: Additional miscellaneous and optional information
Select a Reporting Year then click
This webpage contains the most recent versions of all TRI data files; facilities may revise previous years' TRI submissions if necessary, and any such changes will be reflected in these files. For this reason, data contained in these files may differ from data used to construct the TRI National Analysis.