TRI Basic Plus Data Files: Calendar Years 1987- Present
- Includes reporting forms processed as of: August 31, 2022
EPA has been collecting Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) data since 1987. The "Basic Plus" data files include ten file types that collectively contain all of the data fields from the TRI Reporting Form R and Form A Certification Statement. The files themselves are in tab-delimited .txt format and then compressed into a .zip file.
Select a year, then "download".
File Types and Contents
- 1a: Facility, chemical, releases and other waste management summary information
- 1b: Chemical activities and uses
- 2a: On- and off-site disposal, treatment, energy recovery, and recycling information; non-production-related waste managed quantities; production/activity ratio information; and source reduction activities
- 2b: Detailed on-site waste treatment methods and efficiency
- 3a: Transfers off site for disposal and further waste management
- 3b: Transfers to Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTWs) (RY1987 - RY2010)
- 3c: Transfers to Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTWs) (RY2011 - Present)
- 4: Facility information
- 5: Optional information on source reduction, recycling and pollution control (RY2005 - Present)
- 6: Additional miscellaneous and optional information (RY2010 - Present)
File Documentation and Help
- Basic Plus Data File Guide: descriptions of each data element and other details about the contents and use of the files.
- TRI Reporting Instructions: detailed explanations of each section of the reporting form.
- Email us your question or comment
- Quantities of dioxin and dioxin-like compounds are reported in grams, while all other chemicals are reported in pounds.
- This webpage contains the most recent versions of all TRI data files; facilities may revise previous years' TRI submissions if necessary, and any such changes will be reflected in these files. For this reason, data contained in these files may differ from data used to construct the TRI National Analysis.