This document provides information supporting EPA’s determination under Section 2002(b) of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) that revisions to existing federal solid waste regulations for the management of crude oil, natural gas and geothermal energy wastes from exploration, development and production (E&P) activities are not necessary at this time. This determination fulfills EPA's obligation under a consent decree issued by a federal court in December of 2016.
- Access the document Management of Exploration, Development and Production Wastes: Factors Informing a Decision on the Need for Regulatory Action
There are four attachments to this document that, due to their size and nature, EPA is making available separately:
- Attachment A-2: Summary of Recent Damage Cases (EXCEL)(18 K, April 2019)
- Attachment B-1: E&P Constituent Database (ACCDB)(64 MB, April 2019)
- Attachment C-1: Summary of State Regulatory Elements (EXCEL)(68 K, April 2019)
- Attachment C-2: Compilation of State Regulatory Language (EXCEL)(955 K, April 2019)
Learn about free viewers and readers to read and print EPA information here.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.