Chemical Manufacturing Sector Information
The Consumer Product Safety Commission, U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration and EPA are the primary agencies that regulate the chemical sector. The following links are intended to help Smart Sectors partners and the public learn more about how the EPA works with the chemical manufacturing sector.
EPA regulatory information for the chemical manufacturing sector
- Regulatory Information: Toxic Substances
- Chemical substance inventory
- How EPA assesses chemical safety
- Chemical safety for sustainability research plan
- EPA’s Compliance Assistance Centers
EPA voluntary program resources
- EPA’s Safer Choice program — Products with EPA’s Safer Choice label help consumers and commercial buyers identify products with safer chemical ingredients.
- Resources for schools to manage chemicals
- Pollution Prevention (P2) P2 is any practice that reduces, eliminates, or prevents pollution at its source.
- EPA’s SmartWay Transport — SmartWay Transport helps companies advance supply chain sustainability by measuring, benchmarking, and improving freight transportation efficiency. Any company or organization that ships, manages, or hauls freight in its operations can become an EPA SmartWay Partner.
- Smart Sectors snapshot for chemical manufacturing — interactive application that provides a "snapshot" of the industry, showing a range of environmental and economic data from publicly-available sources.