An official website of the United States government.

We've made some changes to If the information you are looking for is not here, you may be able to find it on the EPA Web Archive or the January 19, 2017 Web Snapshot.

CAA Permitting in Vermont

EPA's New England Region (Region 1) serves Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont and 10 Tribal Nations

Agency Name Vermont Department of Environmental Quality
Vermont Air Permits Program
Responsible Area State of Vermont
Agency Office Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation Exit
Davis Building - 2nd Floor
One National Life Drive
Montpelier, VT 05620-3802
(802) 828-1288
Responsibilities Issues permits state-wide. Permits include permits for minor sources, major source PSD and nonattainment permitting and Title V operating permits.
Contacts Doug Elliot (
Quick Links Title V Permits for Vermont Exit

New Source Review (NSR)/Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) Permits for Vermont Exit