Benefits of Green Power Partnership
Your organization can join EPA's Green Power Partnership and take advantage of the following benefits:
- Expert advice – We can help you identify the types of green power products that best meet your organization's goals. EPA is also available to answer your questions about the procurement process and Partnership requirements, which can help save you time and money.
- Tools and resources – As a Green Power Partner, you can take advantage of the tools and resources available to Partner organizations. EPA can assist you in communicating the environmental benefits of your green power use.
- Credibility – Partnering with EPA also provides credibility to your green power use. It signifies that your organization's use meets nationally accepted standards in terms of size, content, and resource.
- Publicity and recognition – Using green power and becoming a program Partner can help bring positive attention to your organization, and can help to differentiate your company and brand from your competition.
Once your organization becomes a Partner, the time and resource investment beyond the green power procurement is minimal. EPA simply requires a yearly report to verify the status of your green power use.
The Green Power Partnership promotes the actions of its Partners through a variety of earned recognition opportunities:
Top Partner Rankings: EPA promotes a number of national- and sector-focused Top Partner Rankings, which generate significant promotional opportunities. These lists represent the organizations using the most green power in the Partnership. EPA updates the Top Partner lists on a quarterly basis:
- National Top 100
- Fortune 500®
- Top 30 Retail
- Top 30 College & University
- Top 30 Local Government
- Top 10 Federal Government
- 100% Green Power Users
- Top 30 Tech & Telecom
- Top 30 On-site Generation
- Top 30 K-12 Schools
- Long-term Contracts
The Green Power Leadership Awards: These awards recognize the leading actions of organizations, programs, suppliers, and individuals that significantly advance the development of green power sources. Eligible Partners can apply or be nominated for the following award categories:
- Excellence in Green Power Use
- Green Power Partner of the Year
- Sustained Excellence in Green Power
- Direct Project Engagement
- Green Power Community of the Year