Partnership Green Power Use Requirements
EPA requires that Partners meet a minimum percentage of their annual electricity use with green power (see Table 1 below). Partners should calculate their annual electricity use in accordance with their organization’s scope of participation (i.e., facility level or up to organization-wide) in the Green Power Partnership.
|Table 1. Green Power Use Requirements|
|Annual baseload electricity usage (kWh)||Green Power Partnership minimum requirements|
|If your annual electricity use in kilowatt-hours is ...||You must, at a minimum, use this much green power:|
|≥ 100,000,001 kWh||3% of use|
|10,000,001–100,000,000 kWh||5% of use|
|1,000,001–10,000,000 kWh||10% of use|
|≤ 1,000,000 kWh||20% of use|
Additional Green Power Use Requirements
Partners can meet their green power commitment with any combination of green power products. Partners must use green power that is:
- Generated from eligible renewable resources, which include solar, wind, geothermal, biogas, eligible biomass, and eligible low impact hydroelectric sources.
- Procured voluntarily, at amounts incremental to the renewable electricity included in the standard electricity service or mandated by state policy.
- Sourced from "new" renewable facilities (i.e., installed within the last 15 years).
- Sourced from eligible U.S.-based generation facilities.
- Applied only to U.S.-based Partner operations.
For additional information, please refer to the Partnership Requirements.