Green Power Leadership Awards
The 2022 Green Power Leadership Awards application period is now open and will close on March 21, 2022. Learn more about the awards below, and apply for a Green Power Leadership Award here.
The Green Power Leadership Awards (GPLA) have been awarded annually by EPA's Green Power Partnership (GPP) program since 2001. For more than 20 years, EPA has recognized hundreds of organizations for their exceptional achievements and leadership in the green power marketplace. All winners demonstrate actions and behaviors that accelerate the transition to a pollution-free electricity sector.
Areas of Leadership and Impact
EPA recognizes applicant behaviors and actions that accelerate the transition to a clean energy future, follow best practices and market principles, and inspire others to support green power. The application addresses leadership and impact across the following areas:
- Intention and Ambition – Applicants' intention and ambition is to establish and achieve a renewable energy or emissions reduction target using green power.
- Green Power Use – Applicants' green power use demonstrates leadership, drives demand, and increases market impact.
- Communication – Applicants' communications related to green power use help raise awareness, provide social proof, inspire others, and support market principles and best practices.
- Influence – Applicants' concrete actions influence green power access and use within various communities. These concrete actions help increase access to and use of green power within the local community or stakeholder groups. Stakeholder groups could include competitors, suppliers, employees, customers, and load-serving entities; and, communities disproportionately burdened by environmental harms and risks, such as minority, low-income, and tribal communities, among others.
- Transparency – Applicants are willing to collaborate, share information, report data, and advance best practices and market principles.
- Innovation, Sustainability, and Grid Improvements – Applicants’ innovative actions help create a more sustainable and improved grid to help accelerate the transition to a clean energy future. This includes actions around the deployment of storage, the electrification of operations, supporting resilient grid infrastructure, and supporting market principles and best practices.
EPA evaluates applicants against their peers and considers the applicant's relative size, industry, and access to green power.
An EPA panel reviews and evaluates all applications submitted by the deadline. EPA reviews all applicants to ensure that they are in good standing with the Green Power Partnership. Finalists must pass an EPA enforcement compliance screening before their selection. EPA notifies award winners and applicants in late summer. The awards are announced in the fall at the Renewable Energy Markets conference.
Please sign up for Green Power Partnership emails for the latest information.