Thursday, December 13, 2012
3:00-4:00 p.m. (EST)
EPA's Green Power Partnership (GPP)
On Thursday, December 13, from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. (EST), Second Nature and EPA's GPP co-hosted a webinar on "Third-party Financing of Solar on College and University Campuses."
Third-party financing, generally through a lease or power purchase agreement (PPA), enables institutions to deploy solar systems without upfront capital costs, while simultaneously addressing energy cost risk; technical, operations and maintenance requirements; incentives; and more.
This interactive session:
- Reviewed common third-party financing models.
- Highlighted best deployment practices for colleges and universities.
- Addressed common questions.
- Featured a case study on American University's use of a PPA to install more than 2,150 solar photovoltaic panels across six campus buildings, resulting in the largest solar power system in the District of Columbia.
- Ben Foster, SVP, Optony Inc.