See below for EPA public search tools to gain information on specific facilities with NPDES permits.
- ECHO Water Facility Search - EPA's Enforcement and Compliance History Online (ECHO) website allows users to search for facilities and assess their compliance with environmental regulations. ECHO’s Water Facility Search tool allows users to search by geographic location, facility characteristics, enforcement and compliance information, environmental conditions, pollutant, and demographic profile.
- NPDES General Permit Inventory - This search tool allows users to search for NPDES general permits by permit number, permit name, state, EPA region, date issued, date expired, or permit category.
- Water Pollutant Loading Tool - This tool helps users determine who is discharging, what pollutants they are discharging and how much, and where they are discharging. Provides and calculates water discharge information from the EPA system for water enforcement and compliance data and from the Toxics Release Inventory (TRI).
- Envirofacts - This website provides access to several EPA databases that provide information about environmental activities, including those that affect water. Under “System Data Searches” a user can retrieve facility data from ICIS-NPDES by using any combination of facility name, permit number, location, industrial classification, and chemicals.
- WATERS GeoViewer - An EPA GeoPlatform based web mapping application that provides access to: spatial data sets stored in WATERS, such as NHDPlus, EPA and Non-EPA Linked Data; watershed level reports containing both NHDPlus and StreamCat information; Linked Data information, along with hyperlinks to web reports containing additional attribute information; interactive Upstream / Downstream Search capabilities supporting Linked Data discovery; interactive Watershed Delineation; and underlying EPA GeoPlatform items that can be used to create other mapping applications.
- The Assessment TMDL Tracking & Implementation System (ATTAINS) - Provides information reported by the states to EPA about the conditions in their surface waters and allows users to view tables and charts summarizing state-reported data for the nation as a whole, individual states, individual waters and the 10 EPA regions. The full story of assessed waters that are impaired, are currently being restored, or have been restored is provided.