Building the Capacity of Drinking Water Systems
Service Line Inventory Fact Sheet
EPA has published the Funding Sources for Developing Service Line Inventories fact sheet. This will assist public water systems to identify funding resources available to support the development of service line inventories for the October 2024 Lead & Copper Rule inventory deadline.
Get the Lead Out Initiative
EPA's Get the Lead Out (GLO) Initiative is taking the lessons learned and best practices from the Lead Service Line Replacement (LSLR) Accelerators pilot program to expand LSLR WaterTA to ~200 additional underserved and disadvantaged communities. Learn more about this initiative and how to request LSLR technical assistance for your community today!
2024 State Asset Management Initiatives
The 2024 State Asset Management Initiatives document summarizes the asset management initiatives taken by states as described directly in their revised capacity development strategies. With these initiatives, public water systems can improve their financial health and reliability to provide safe drinking water, as well as address infrastructure needs in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
State Capacity Development Report to the Governor
Each state is required to submit a triennial report to its Governor on the effectiveness of its capacity development strategy and be made available to the public. Review the 2023 Reports to the Governor here.
Funding for Small Systems
- Grant Programs: The Water Infrastructure Improvements for the Nation Act (WIIN Act)
- EPA Training and Technical Assistance Grants
- Additional Drinking Water Grants
- About the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund
- State-by-State Uses of DWSRF Set-Asides
- Water Finance Clearinghouse
- Federal Funding for Water and Wastewater Utilities in National Disasters (Fed FUNDS)
- Additional Federal Funding Sources