GHGRP Petroleum and Natural Gas Systems
This sector consists of the following industry segments of the petroleum and natural gas industry.
- Onshore Production. Production of petroleum and natural gas associated with onshore production wells and related equipment.
- Offshore Production. Production of petroleum and natural gas from offshore production platforms.
- Gathering and Boosting. Gathering pipelines and other equipment that collect petroleum/natural gas from onshore production gas or oil wells and then compress, dehydrate, sweeten, or transport the petroleum and/or natural gas.
- Natural Gas Processing. Processing of field quality gas to produce pipeline quality natural gas, and fractionation of gas liquids.
- Natural Gas Transmission Compression. Compressor stations used to transfer natural gas through transmission pipelines.
- Natural Gas Transmission Pipeline. A rate-regulated interstate or intrastate pipeline, or a pipeline that falls under the "Hinshaw Exemption" of the Natural Gas Act.
- Underground Natural Gas Storage. Facilities that store natural gas in underground formations.
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Import/Export. Liquefied Natural Gas import and export terminals.
- LNG Storage. Liquefied Natural Gas storage equipment.
- Natural Gas Distribution. Distribution systems that deliver natural gas to customers.
- Other Petroleum and Natural Gas Systems. Stationary fuel combustion emissions from petroleum and natural gas source categories that are not otherwise listed.
This page contains summary information about the petroleum and natural gas systems sector. More detailed information about the onshore production industry segment and other industry segments is available on other pages.
Note: charts, maps, and tables may take a moment to load.
- 2019 Total Reported Direct Emissions from the Petroleum and Natural Gas Systems Sector, by Industry Segment (as of 9/26/20)
- Trend of Annual Reported GHG Emissions from the Petroleum and Natural Gas Systems Sector, by Industry Segment (as of 9/26/20)
- Number of Reporters and Reported Emissions from the Petroleum and Natural Gas Systems Sector (as of 9/26/20)