Wednesday, January 25, 2017
1:00 PM-2:00 PM EST
On Wednesday, January 25, 2017, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Green Power Partnership (GPP) hosted a webinar examining the state of the green power market within the United States.
This webinar focused primarily on the voluntary market, through which consumers and institutions voluntarily procure renewable energy for all or part of their electricity needs. The webinar reviewed:
- The various green power product options
- Where these products are available
- Resource and pricing information
- The most up-to-date statistics and trends in green power purchasing
- The emergence of new green power procurement options, including power purchase agreements (PPAs), community solar programs, and community choice aggregations
- Spotlight on large green power customers
The presentations drew heavily from the National Renewable Energy Laboratory's recently published Status and Trends in the U.S. Voluntary Green Power Market (PDF) as well as the Green Power Partnership's program data.