Transportation and Warehousing Sector (NAICS 48-49)
The transportation and warehousing sector includes industries providing transportation of passengers and cargo, warehousing and storage for goods, scenic and sightseeing transportation, and support activities related to modes of transportation. Establishments in these industries use transportation equipment or transportation related facilities as a productive asset.
Laws and Regulations
- Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
- National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP): air toxics regulations:
- Engine Test Cells/Stands (combined with Rocket Testing Facilities)
- Gasoline Dispensing and Distribution (Area and Major Sources)
- Organic Liquids Distribution (non-gasoline)
- Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines (RICE), including area sources
- Vehicles, Engines, and Fuels:
- Effluent Guidelines: Transportation Equipment Cleaning
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES): wastewater permit information:
- Vessel Sewage Discharges and No Discharge Zones
- Border Compliance Assistance Center: Exit information about transporting solid and hazardous wastes from Mexico into the United States
- International Import and Export: including chemical substances, pesticides, and hazardous wastes.
- Port Compliance: Exit compliance assistance center
- Transportation Sector Compliance Assistance:Exit includes sector profiles and assistance centers.
Policies and Guidance
- Polluted Runoff: Roads, Highways and Bridges: includes guidance for managing nonpoint source pollution from transportation infrastructure.