Educational Services Sector (NAICS 61)
Industries in the Educational Services sectors provide instruction and training in a wide variety of subjects. Establishments in this sector include elementary and secondary schools, junior colleges and colleges, universities, and professional schools.
Laws and Regulations
- National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP) air toxics regulations:
- Boiler Compliance at Area Sources
- Combustion Portal: compliance assistance center.
- Healthy School Environments: resources for elementary and secondary (K-12) schools.
- Higher Education Compliance Alliance: Environmental Health and Safety
Policy and Guidance
- Creating Healthy Indoor Environments in Schools: indoor air quality guidance.
- Integrated Pest Management in Schools
For more information on older Emergency Management Systems (EMS) programs and policies, search EPA’s Archive.
Additional federal and state regulations not listed here may apply. Find your state environmental agency.