Oil and Gas Extraction Sector (NAICS 211)
Oil and gas extraction is part of the mining, quarrying, oil and gas extraction sector (NAICS 21). This sector comprises establishments that extract naturally occurring mineral solids, such as coal and ores; liquid minerals, such as crude petroleum; and gases, such as natural gas.
Laws and Regulations
- Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
- National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP):
- Effluent Guidelines: Oil and Gas Extraction (Synthetic-Based Drilling Fluids)
- Underground Injection Control (UIC) Regulations
- Assuring energy extraction sector compliance with environmental laws: National Enforcement Initiatives