Oil and Gas Extraction Sector (NAICS 211)
As a subset of the mining, quarrying, oil and gas extraction sector (NAICS 21), the oil and gas extraction sector comprises establishments that extract:
- naturally occurring mineral solids, such as coal and ores
- liquid minerals, such as crude petroleum
- and gases, such as natural gas.
Laws and Regulations
- Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
- National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP):
- National Compliance Initiative: Creating Cleaner Air for Communities by Reducing Excess Emissions of Harmful Pollutants
Related Business Sectors
Additional federal and state regulations not listed here may apply. Find your state environmental agency.