Printing and Related Support Activities Sector (NAICS 323)
Printing is part of the manufacturing sector (NAICS 31 - 32). It is composed of printing, platemaking and bookbinding; printing is by one or more common processes, such as lithography, letterpress, flexography, gravure, and screen printing.
You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
Laws and Regulations
- Federal Environmental Regulations Potentially Affecting the Commercial Printing Industry
- Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
- National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP): air toxics regulations:
- Printing Sector Compliance Assistance Exit: including sector profiles and assistance centers.
- RCRA in Focus: Printing: A guide for small business, includes a hazardous waste table of RCRA requirements.
Policies and Guidance
- Multimedia Compliance/Pollution Prevention Assessment Guidance for Lithographic Printing Facilities
- Multimedia Compliance/Pollution Prevention Assessment Guidance for Screen Printing Facilities
Related Technical Information
- AP 42 - Chapter 6: Organic Chemical Process Industry: emission factors and process information for air pollution source categories, including printing ink.