Paper, Pulp, and Lumber Manufacturing Sectors (NAICS 321 and 322)
Paper, pulp and lumber sectors include
- NAICS 321: Wood Manufacturing
- Industries that manufacture wood products, such as lumber, plywood, wood containers, wood flooring, wood trusses, manufactured homes (i.e., mobile homes), and prefabricated wood buildings.
- NAICS 322: Paper Manufacturing
- Industries that make pulp, paper, or converted paper products.
Laws and Regulations
- Formaldehyde Emissions from Pressed Wood Products
- Greenhouse Gases Reporting Program
- National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP):
- Industrial, Commercial and Institutional Boilers and Process Heaters: Area & Major Sources
- Magnetic Tape (surface coating)
- Misc. Metal Parts and Products (surface coating)
- Paper and Other Web (surface coating)
- Plywood and Composite Wood Products (formerly Plywood and Particle Board Manufacturing)
- Printing and Publishing (surface coating)
- Pulp & Paper (non-combust) MACT
- Wood Building Products (surface coating, formerly Flat Wood Paneling Products)
- Effluent Guidelines: Pulp and Paper Rulemaking Actions.
- The other portion of the Cluster Rule is the air toxics rule, Pulp and Paper Production MACT.
- Boiler Compliance at Area Sources
- Combustion Portal Exit: compliance assistance center.
- Printing Sector Compliance Assistance Exit: including sector profiles and assistance centers.
Policies and Guidance
- Wood Preserving Resource Conservation and Recovery Act Compliance Guide
- Kraft Pulp Mill Compliance Assessment Guide