Paper, Pulp, and Lumber Manufacturing Sectors (NAICS 321 and 322)
Paper, pulp and lumber sectors include
- NAICS 321: Wood Manufacturing
- Industries that manufacture wood products, such as lumber, plywood, wood containers, wood flooring, wood trusses, manufactured homes (i.e., mobile homes), and prefabricated wood buildings.
- NAICS 322: Paper Manufacturing
- Industries that make pulp, paper, or converted paper products.
Laws and Regulations
- Formaldehyde Emissions from Pressed Wood Products
- Greenhouse Gases Reporting Program
- National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP):
- Industrial, Commercial and Institutional Boilers and Process Heaters: Area & Major Sources
- Magnetic Tape (surface coating)
- Misc. Metal Parts and Products (surface coating)
- Paper and Other Web (surface coating)
- Plywood and Composite Wood Products (formerly Plywood and Particle Board Manufacturing)
- Printing and Publishing (surface coating)
- Pulp & Paper (non-combust) MACT
- Wood Building Products (surface coating, formerly Flat Wood Paneling Products)
- Effluent Guidelines: Pulp and Paper Rulemaking Actions.
- The other portion of the Cluster Rule is the air toxics rule, Pulp and Paper Production MACT.
Policies and Guidance
Additional federal and state regulations not listed here may apply. Find your state environmental agency.