AQS registration is only open to employees of State, Tribal, Local, and federal agencies (and their agents/contractors).
You must have an account to access AQS. Users responsible for inserting, updating and deleting data in AQS must request those specific rights in the form below. Those wishing to view and retrieve data directly from the AQS database must also register as “read only” users.
If you need only publicly available data, see Obtaining AQS Data .
Steps to register:
- Registrants: Complete the User Section of the AQS User Registration. (Registrants may also complete fields in other sections if those values are known.) The form may be completed online and then printed, or printed and completed by hand. In either case, it must be printed and signed at the User Signature before sending it to the next contact.
- Registrants: Read the AQS User Security Guidelines. Print and sign the signature page included in that document.
- Registrants: Mail or FAX both pages (the completed registration form and the Security signature page) to the recognized AQS contact within the user's agency.
- Agency AQS Contact: Complete the Agency Section, sign and date the form. If the agency needs State or Tribal approval, mail or FAX both pages to the appropriate state/tribe. If Tribal approval is not needed, mail or FAX both sheets to EPA, NADG (919) 541-0072 or via email to EPACallCenter@epa.gov.
- State/Tribe AQS Contact: If this section is required, sign and date the registration form. Mail or FAX both sheets to EPA, NADG (919) 541-0072 or via email to EPACallCenter@epa.gov.
- EPA, NADG: Will contact the EPA Regional AQS Contact to validate and process the request.
- EPA IT Password Security Policies: For the specific rules governing AQS passwords see EPA's password policy.
EPA staff and contractors not working under an EPA Region, should complete the registration form and email both pages (the completed registration form and the Security page) to AQS_Team@epa.gov.You may need a PDF reader to view files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.