Exploring ToxCast Data: Downloadable Data
The most recent ToxCast data is available in the invitroDBv3.5 database. The database was released in August 2022. Data files from previously published ToxCast data releases are still available for download here. This page provides links to all relevant ToxCast chemical and assay data.
ToxCast Data and Information
- Most Recent InVitro Database Release (invitroDBv3.5) and Data Processing Package: EPA's analysis of chemicals screened through high-throughput screening assays. The database release includes a MySQL database, release notes, summary files, assay information and concentration response plots. In conjunction, the ToxCast Pipeline for storing, transforming, normalizing, curve-fitting, and activity hit-calling is available as an R package, library(tcpl).
- ToxCast & Tox21 High-Throughput Assay Documentation: ToxCast high-throughput assay documentation including descriptions, target information, study design information and quality statistics.
- Assay Descriptions (work in progress) - Descriptions and guidelines for ToxCast assays in format outlined by the OECD Guidance Document 211 for describing non-guideline in vitro test methods. The intent of GD 211 is to harmonize non-guideline, in vitro method descriptions to allow assessment of the relevance of the test method for biological responses of interest and the quality of the data produced. This document is organized by assay platform providers. You can also find descriptions for endocrine-related assays. It is a work in progress and will be updated as more assay information is available.
- Download Assay Information - Summary information and quality statistics for assays.
- Download ReadMe
- Standard Laboratory Protocol for Tox21 Assays: Data describing the standard laboratory protocol for Tox21 assays including descriptions of Tox21 assays, protocol for all assays (reference, quality control, procedures and performance) and assay data.
- High-throughput Screening Data for Estrogen Receptor Model: Estrogen receptor model data from the manuscript titled Integrated Model of Chemical Perturbations of Biological Pathways Using 18 In Vitro High-throughput Screening Assays for the Estrogen Receptor (Judson et al) published in Toxicological Science.
- High-throughput Screening Data for Androgen Receptor Model: Androgen receptor activity model data.
Archive of ToxCast & Tox21 Chemicals Distributed Structure-Searchable Toxicity Database (DSSTox Files): Chemical lists and information for 9,403 unique substances (DTXSIDs) and DSSTox standard chemical fields (chemical name; CASRN; structure; etc.). These chemicals have been evaluated through the ToxCast and Tox21 high-throughput screening efforts.
- Previous ToxCast Data Releases: Data files from previously published ToxCast data releases. We DO NOT recommend using this data for new analyses, but are providing these files in case users need them for ongoing analyses.
ToxCast Results and Processing
Descriptions of how data are processed through can be found on the Results Processing and Analysis.