SmartWay Affiliate Editorial Calendar
September 2018: Resources to Share with Your Members
Theme – Truck Driver Appreciation
Over 3.5 million professional men and women truck drivers perform one of our economy’s most important and demanding jobs - they deliver our goods securely and on time while keeping our highways safe. SmartWay is proud to work with carrier partners that demonstrate economic and environmental leadership by moving goods in the cleanest and most efficient way possible.
Share this information in your newsletter, social media, and on your website
- National Truck Driver Appreciation Week, September 9-15, 2018, is when America takes the time to honor all professional truck drivers for their hard work and commitment
- Trucking supports more than 7 million jobs
- More than 80% of U.S. communities rely exclusively on trucks to deliver essential goods such as fuel, food, clothing and medicine.
As a SmartWay Affiliate, there are actions your organization can take to highlight efficient trucking and the committed professional drivers:
- Encourage your carrier members and stakeholders to participate in SmartWay. Link to a short video that describes the process and benefits for carriers.
- Share the on line driver training program developed by Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) in collaboration with EPA SmartWay. Driving skills training is key to helping drivers operate in more efficient, fuel-saving ways without compromising safety.
- Show your members and stakeholders how they can build efficiencies into their fleet operations. Mesilla Valley Transportation, a SmartWay Partner, talks about how they improved their efficiency by making investments in technology.
- View the SmartWay Partner Profile: Mesilla Valley Transportation (PDF)(3 pp, 222 K, August 2018, EPA-420-F-18-015)
Truck drivers are trained, highly skilled professionals who make it their mission to deliver your goods in a safe, efficient manner. They know that delivering a child’s football cleats on time can make a difference. They know that classrooms cannot operate without books, computers, and desks. Let’s take time to appreciate both the driver and the profession.