SmartWay Affiliate Editorial Calendar
November 2018: Resources to Share with Your Members
Theme – Thank You For Making A Difference
EPA thanks our SmartWay Affiliates for the time and energy you each invest working together with your members to clean up the air and protect the health of families and communities, by promoting more sustainable, efficient freight supply chains.
Continue to make your members aware of the benefits of efficient freight transportation by sharing this information in your newsletter, social media, and on your website
- Driving a SmartWay Designated Truck saves money. Using a SmartWay designated tractor and trailer can reduce fuel use by up to 20 percent. Learn more at https://www.epa.gov/verified-diesel-tech/smartway-technology
- Shippers that use SmartWay registered carriers show their commitment to reduce the environmental impact of freight transportation. SmartWay carriers demonstrate their efficiency achievements, show continuous improvement, and learn best practices to become even better.
As a SmartWay Affiliate, there are actions your organization can take to thank its members and stakeholder communities for their contributions to efficient freight transportation, and cleaner air.
- Highlight your members that are SmartWay Partners. Since 2004, SmartWay partners have saved more than 215.4 million barrels of oil and $29.7 billion in fuel costs – equivalent to eliminating the annual energy use of over 14 million homes.
- Learn about more SmartWay program successes at https://www.epa.gov/smartway/smartway-program-successes
- Encourage your members to promote cleaner, more efficient technologies, practices and carrier choices across the supply chain network. Link to the verified technologies page at https://www.epa.gov/smartway/learn-about-smartway-verified-technologies
- Thank your members for targeting and reducing transportation emissions. SmartWay partners have avoided emitting more than 103 million tons of air pollutants (NOx, PM, and CO2) contributing to cleaner air and healthier citizens.
- Collaborate with truck stops in your community by posting a thank you card to truck drivers who are on the road Thanksgiving Day (and encourage them to join SmartWay).
Sum it all up by sharing stories and best practices that demonstrate greener goods movement from your members, the businesses sectors that they represent, and others in your membership community.