SmartWay Affiliate Editorial Calendar
May 2018 : Resources to Share with Your Members
Theme – Small Business and Freight Transportation
Small businesses contribute to local economies by bringing growth and innovation to the community in which the business is established. Did you know that over 90% of trucking companies are small businesses, delivering freight to communities across the country?
Are small businesses part of your stakeholder base? Take a moment and tell them about SmartWay and sustainable freight transportation.
Share this information in your newsletter, social media and on your website:
- The SmartWay Tranport Partnership program includes companies of all sizes--including small businesses. The SmartWay program offers low-cost/no-cost fuel saving solutions such as:
- Fact Sheet: Logistics optimization (PDF)(2 pp, 1.30 MB, EPA-420-F-16-009, About PDF)
- Fact Sheet: Reduced idling technologies and strategies (PDF)(2 pp, 1.02 MB, EPA-420-F-16-025, June 2016, About PDF)
- Smart Driver On-line driver Training courseExit
- The course focuses on energy-management factors within a driver’s control, such as idling, start/stop techniques, progressive shifting, trip planning, and maintenance.
- Participants gain greater knowledge of fuel-saving driving techniques that can be put into practice immediately.
- Those who complete the training with a mark of at least 80 percent receive a certificate of achievement.
- Register to watch a replay of EPA SmartWay's webinar: Small, Smart & Sustainable: How businesses are winning big with smart and sustainable freight practices
Facts about Small Business and Freight:
- Small businesses have generated 64% of new jobs since 1995
- Small businesses generate about half of US GDP
- Small businesses provide services, products, and components needed by large companies
- Small businesses can serve market niches not served by mass production industries