Brownfields and Land Revitalization in EPA Region 4
EPA Region 4 manages Brownfields and Land Revitalization Programs in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. On this page you will find information specific to Region 4's Brownfields and Land Revitalization activities. Visit the national Brownfields Program and Land Revitalization Program websites for more information about these programs competitive grants.
State Cleanup Programs within Region 4
The following links exit the site EXIT
- Alabama Cleanup Program
- Florida Cleanup Program
- Georgia Cleanup Program
- Kentucky Cleanup Programs
- Mississippi Cleanup Program
- North Carolina Cleanup Program
- South Carolina Cleanup Program
- Tennessee Cleanup Programs
- Brownfields Technical Assistance
Targeted Brownfields Assessments (TBAs)
EPA provides environmental assessment services free of charge to communities through the Targeted Brownfields Assessments (TBA) program. Services typically include Phase I and II assessments and cleanup planning. To request a TBA, please complete and submit the short application form. Get started with a TBA.
Technical Assistance to Brownfields (TAB)
EPA's Technical Assistance to Brownfields Communities (TAB) program provides free technical assistance to communities to increase their understanding and involvement in brownfields cleanup, revitalization and reuse. The TAB program is funded by EPA and available to all stakeholders. The New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) offers free technical assistance for region4 and training program services to EPA Brownfields grantees and to those seeking brownfield grants in Region 4.
- Materials for Brownfields Grants
- Solicitations and ther required application forms can be found at Grant Application Resources
- Region 4 Site Eligibility Forms: Phase II and Cleanup
- Instructions for Preparation of Quality Assurance Project Plans for Region 4: QAPP Tool Box
- EPA Region 4 State Contacts for EPA’s Brownfields Grant Proposals
Grant Recipient Resources
Once you’ve been selected for a grant, a formal application package must be submitted. The required application forms can be found at Application Forms for New Grant Awards . After the application package has been reviewed and found eligible, reporting requirements must be adhered to through the life of the grant. Please see Grantee Reporting Requirements: Forms and Templates.
- Stories from Around the Region
- Brookside Mills, Knox County, Tenn.
- Chalk Line Mill, Anniston, Ala.
- City of Columbia, Columbia, S.C.
- Downtown Redevelopment of Former Gas Station in Millen, Ga.
- Lincoln Co. Scrap Metal, Crab Orchard, Ky.
- Rolling Mill Hill, Nashville, Tenn.
- Whirligig Park, Wilson, N.C.
- For additional examples from the region and across the nation: National Success Story Map
- Highlights from Region 4
The Region 4 Brownfields program has created many benefits for local communities across Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. The accomplishments are highlighted below.
- Properties assessed: 3,898
- Cleanups completed: 118
- 513 properties/17,590 Acres made ready for reuse
- Dollars leveraged: $5.8 BN
- Jobs leveraged: 21,464
Land Revitalization Programs
Note: Georgia does not have a land revitalization program.