Brownfields in EPA Region 10
This page has regional information. For general information about the Brownfields Program, visit www.epa.gov/brownfields.
Targeted Brownfields Assessments
Subtitle A of the Small Business Liability Relief and Brownfields Revitalization Act authorizes EPA to establish a program to perform Targeted Brownfields Assessments such as Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments at properties within Region 10 at no cost to local governments, quasi-governmental agencies and tribes. Information gathered from Targeted Brownfields Assessments gives local governments and prospective purchasers a better understanding of potential contamination issues at brownfields in their communities. EPA will characterize a brownfield to determine the nature and extent of the contamination. Results are provided to the community to assist them in redevelopment planning.
Learn more about Targeted Brownfields Assessments in EPA Region 10.
Region 10 Contact
Molly Vaughan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Technical Assistance to Brownfields
The Technical Assistance to Brownfields Program provides free assistance to communities and stakeholders. Program providers serve as independent resources and can provide expert technical assistance and guidance for parties interested in acquiring, assessing, cleaning up and redeveloping brownfield properties. In Region 10, the Center for Creative Land Recycling offers free technical assistance and training program services to EPA Brownfields Grant recipients and those seeking Brownfields Grants.
- General Brownfields Grant Guidance
- Grantee Forms and Assessment, Cleanup and Redevelopment Exchange System (ACRES)
Find out how EPA Brownfields Grant recipients are transforming properties across Region 10 to improve and protect the environment, boost the local economy and enhance communities now and for years to come.
State Cleanup Programs
Federally Recognized Tribes with Brownfields Programs
- Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
- Bristol Bay Native Association
- Central Council Tlingit Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska
- Chickaloon Native Village
- Copper River Native Association
- Douglas Indian Association
- Kawerak, Inc.
- Maniilaq Association
- Metlakatla Indian Community
- Native Village of Eklutna
- Native Village of Eyak
- Native Village of Gakona
- Native Village of Napaimute
- Native Village of Port Heiden
- Native Village of Tazlina
- Native Village of Tetlin
- Organized Village of Kasaan
- Qawalangin Tribe of Unalaska
- Sitka Tribe of Alaska
- Tanana Chiefs Conference
- Yakutat Tlingit Tribe
- Yukon River Inter-Tribal Watershed Council