Brownfields and Land Revitalization in Region 7
Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska and Nine Tribal Nations
- EPA Region 7 manages Brownfields and Land Revitalization Programs in Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska and Missouri. On this page you will find information specific to Region 7's Brownfields and Land Revitalization activities. Visit the national Brownfields Program and Land Revitalization Program websites for more information about these programs competitive grants.
Brownfields Technical Assistance
Targeted Brownfields Assessments (TBAs)
EPA provides environmental assessment services free of charge to communities through the Targeted Brownfields Assessment (TBA) program. Services typically include Phase I and II assessments and cleanup planning. TBA applications can be sumbitted anytime throughout the year. Get started with a TBA.
Technical Assistance to Brownfields (TAB)
EPA's Technical Assistance to Brownfields Communities (TAB) program provides free technical assistance to communities to increase their understanding and involvement in brownfields cleanup, revitalization and reuse. The TAB program is funded by EPA and available to all stakeholders. The Kansas State University (KSU) offers free technical assistance for region 7 and training program services to EPA Brownfields grantees and to those seeking brownfield grants in Region 7.
Materials for Brownfields Grants
Solicitations and the required application forms can be found at Grant Application Resources.
Grant Recipient Materials
After the application package has been reviewed and found eligible, reporting requirements must be adhered to through the life of the grant. Please see Grantee Reporting Requirements: Forms and Templates.
Workplan Templates (MS Word Documents)
- Workplan for Brownfields Assessment Grants(6 pp, 92 K)
- Workplan for Brownfields Cleanup Grants (6 pp, 92 K)
- Workplan for Brownfields Revolving Loan Fund Grants (5 pp, 63 K)
Stories from Around the Region
Highlights from Region 7
State Cleanup Programs within Region 7
The following links exit the site
- Iowa Department of Natural Resources: Iowa Land Recycling Program
- Iowa Department of Natural Resources: Iowa Brownfields Program
- Kansas Department of Environmental Quality: Kansas Voluntary Cleanup Unit
- Kansas Department of Environmental Quality: Kansas Brownfields Program
- Missouri Department of Natural Resources: Brownfields/Voluntary Cleanup Program
- Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality: Nebraska Voluntary Cleanup Program
- Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality: Nebraska Brownfields Assessments and Cleanup
State & Tribal Response Program Agreements
Federally Recognized Tribes with 128(a) Brownfields Programs
- Stanley Walker
Program: Brownfields and Land Revitalization Program Branch Chief
- Susan Klein
Program: Brownfields Coordinator
- Lisa Dunning
Program: Targeted Brownfields Assessment Coordinator
- Alma Moreno Lahm
Program: Environmental Workforce Development and Job Training Coordinator
- David Doyle
Program: Land Revitalization Coordinator
- Tonya Howell
Program: Superfund Reuse Coordinator