Multipurpose, Assessment, RLF, and Cleanup (MARC) Grant Application Resources
NOTE: We are no longer accepting proposals for the FY 2019 EPA Brownfields Multipurpose, Assessment, and Cleanup Grants. This solicitation is closed.
Proposal Submission Assistance and Requirements
If you need assistance with submitting a FY 2019 Brownfields Multipurpose, Assessment, or Cleanup Grant proposal, please contact the www.grants.gov Help Desk at 1-800-518-4726 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember to request a case number.
Note, applicants must ensure that all registration requirements listed in Section IV.B. of the Guidelines are met well in advance of the proposal submission deadline, January 31, 2019, in order to apply for these funding opportunities. EPA can only accept applications submitted through www.grants.gov by your organization’s Authorized Organization Representative (AOR).
FY 2019 Funding Opportunities
Grants offered by the Brownfields Program may be used to address sites contaminated by hazardous substances, pollutants, or contaminants (including hazardous substances co-mingled with petroleum) and petroleum. Opportunities for funding are as follows:
- Multipurpose Grants – each proposal is funded up to $800,000 over five years. EPA anticipates selecting 10 proposals.
- Assessment Grants – Community-wide and Site-specific proposals are each funded up to $200,000 over three years; Assessment Coalition proposals are funded up to $600,000 over three years. EPA anticipates selecting 114 proposals.
NEW Current EPA Brownfields Assessment Grant recipients must demonstrate that payment has been received from EPA (also known as ‘drawn down’) for at least 70% of each Assessment cooperative agreement they have with EPA by January 1, 2019 in order to apply for additional Assessment Grant funding under this solicitation.
- Cleanup Grants – each proposal funded up to $500,000 over three years. EPA anticipates selecting 40 proposals.
NEW Brownfield sites where EPA Cleanup Grant funds were previously expended may not receive additional EPA Cleanup Grant funding in FY 2019.
Please visit the Types of Grant Funding for an overview of the Multipurpose, Assessment and Cleanup Grants.
Note: A solicitation for new Revolving Loan Fund Grants will not be issued in FY 2019. EPA expects to solicit requests from existing, high-performing RLF Grant recipients supplemental funding through a Federal Register notice in early 2019.
Additional FY 2019 Application Resources
- FY 2019 Summary of Brownfields Grant Guideline Changes
- FY 2019 Frequently Asked Questions about Multipurpose, Assessment, and Cleanup Grants
- Tips for Submitting Proposal through Grants.gov
- Tips on How to Get Started Early on Preparing You Brownfields MARC Grant Proposal
FY 2019 Brownfields Multipurpose, Assessment, and Cleanup National Grant Guideline Outreach Webinar
EPA hosted an outreach webinar on December 11, 2018 to assist applicants with understanding the FY19 Multipurpose, Assessment, and Cleanup Grant Guidelines. Please find the archived files from the webinar below.
General Program Resources
- List of Entities Eligible to Apply for Multipurpose, Assessment, Cleanup and RLF Grants
- Programmatic Requirements
- Information on CERCLA Liability Defenses
- Information on Sites Eligible for Brownfields Funding under CERCLA § 104(k)
FY 2018 Assessment, Revolving Loan Fund, and Cleanup Grant Application Resources
You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- FY 2018 Brownfields Assessment Grant Guidelines (PDF) (74 pp, 477 K)
- FY 2018 Brownfields Revolving Loan Fund Grant Guidelines (PDF) (64 pp, 1.2 MB)
- FY 2018 Brownfields Cleanup Grant Guidelines (PDF) (71 pp, 1.3 MB)
- FY 2018 Summary of Brownfields Assessment, RLF, and Cleanup Guideline Changes (PDF) (17 pp, 784 K)
- FY 2018 Frequently Asked Questions about Assessment and Cleanup Grants (PDF) (52 pp, 804 K)
- FY 2018 EPA National Assessment, RLF and Cleanup Guideline Outreach Webinar Exit