WaterSense labeled homes allow families to enjoy all the comforts of home while using less water and energy and spending less money on utility bills. In fact, compared to a typical home, a WaterSense labeled home can save a family of four 50,000 gallons of water a year or more! That's enough to wash 2,000 loads of laundry and could amount to utility bill savings of up to $600 each year.
Find out more about how you can help bring WaterSense labeled homes to your community.
- WaterSense Labeled Homes - Read up on the benefits of building a home that is efficient indoors and outdoors.
- Certification & Inspection—Certification provides homeowners with confidence that their home is water-efficient AND high performing.
- Buying & Selling—Are you a builder or real estate professional looking to set yourself apart in the marketplace? Learn how you can help bring WaterSense labeled homes to a neighborhood near you.
- Water Budget Tool—Use the WaterSense Water Budget Tool to help plan your home’s efficient landscape.
- Tools & Resources—Check out the resources EPA provides to help build and maintain water efficient homes.
Dig a little deeper into what goes into building a WaterSense labeled home. Our WaterSense Labeled Homes Quick Reference Guide(8 pp, 872 K, About PDF) outlines the specification criteria and benefits and delves deeper into two of the more complex requirements for WaterSense labeled homes: hot water distribution and outdoor components.
WaterSense Blueprint is our newsletter that provides tips on WaterSense labeled homes and program news.The