WaterSense labeled homes allow families to enjoy all the comforts of home while using less water and energy and spending less money on utility bills. In fact, compared to a typical home, a WaterSense labeled home can save a family of four 50,000 gallons of water a year or more! That's enough to wash 2,000 loads of laundry and could amount to utility bill savings of up to $600 each year.
Find out more about how you can help bring WaterSense labeled homes to your community.
- WaterSense Labeled Homes - Read up on the basics and benefits of building a home that is efficient indoors and outdoors.
- Homes Specification - Review the current version of the specification and learn about upcoming revisions.
- Certification & Inspection—Certification provides homeowners with confidence that their home is water-efficient AND high performing.
- Buying & Selling—Are you a builder or real estate professional looking to set yourself apart in the marketplace? Learn how you can help bring WaterSense labeled homes to a neighborhood near you.
- Water Budget Tool—Use the WaterSense Water Budget Tool to help plan your home’s efficient landscape.
- Tools & Resources—Check out the resources EPA provides to help build and maintain water-efficient homes.
Dig a little deeper into what goes into building a WaterSense labeled home. Our WaterSense Labeled Homes Quick Reference Guide(8 pp, 872 K, About PDF) outlines the specification criteria and benefits.
WaterSense Homes Save Water & Energy infographic to see how WaterSense labeled homes offer a whole-house building solution for the efficiency, convenience, and performance of a home's water use.Check out the